Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Getaway!

Scrapping one of my favorite subjects, down time! When I saw the below Color Room palette, I instantly thought of wine country, so I set out to capture those lazy moments I've had wandering through the vineyards no too far from home.

Color Room Palette #92


The Getaway
With this layout I wanted to convey the feeling of easy-going travel. Journaling is about the Santa Barbara county areas of Solvang, Los Olivos and Santa Ynez. While working on this layout, I couldn't help but have a glass of wine and I watched one of my favorite movies, "Sideways." Sideways is a fantastic dark comedy that was filmed in this same location.



Stuff: Lots of CU items, plus elements from "the Breath of Autumn" kit by Em-ka designs: including grapes, wood, leaves. Map by Google maps!

No comments:

Post a Comment