Saturday, March 24, 2012

Great Expectations

Here's another fantastic case file from CSI


 When I saw this week’s case file, one thing came to mind instantly… my ultrasound image of my daughter.  I had not scrapped it yet, and she’s eight now!

Here's my layout:

 

Evidence: flowers, clouds, something fluffy, stars
Testimony: Document a journey; Inspiration words: magic, mystery

Journaling says:
Great Expectations
At the first ultrasound, they only saw the tiniest speck of a blinking light. The doctor told me not to get my hopes up. Waiting for the next doctor’s visit was agonizing. At the next ultrasound, the mystery was revealed.  Against the odds, that tiny blinking speck of light was your heartbeat. You were just a little peanut, hanging out… growing more every day. And this is the picture they took of you on that day. What a cute little profile you had even then.

Hope renewed, but anxiety was high. The doctors gave me a lot of medication to make sure you would stay in there. For the months that followed, the doctors watched you very closely. We spent a lot of time together in the doctor’s office; listening to your heartbeat, making sure you were okay.

We didn’t know until the day you were born if you were a boy or a girl. You were a mystery, and I wanted to be surprised! 

I was so hopeful that my dreams would come true. In the end, they did. What a blessing and miracle you are little girl!

Stuff!
Lorie Davison, “Baby bee garden”
Tumble Fish Studios, “odd magic”

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Love those colours , wonderful story and yes I agree with you, children are miracles, So love your page, awesome details :)

    ReplyDelete